Friday, February 3, 2012

day 46 of 57: Missed Boogie Nights

Sporting one of my hand-made feather clips.
    Day 46 of 57 Days of  Dresses: My first night out on the town since my relocating to Asheville! What could be a better way to ring in the winter edition of 57 Days? The unfortunate thing is Jason and I are accustom to Nashville's rock o'clock, so we missed near the entirety of the show we were going to.
My "Animal Wall" in our new house.
    We still had a great time meeting up with some of Jason's old friends--and my new friends--from Huntsville, and meeting new people that we'll hopefully see more of as time comes.
    This is a vintage shirt dress I bought at Goodwill in Swannanoa, NC for $5. The fuschia fabric is electric and has a matching belt with a large goldtone buckle. Pleats run the length of the bodice and end at the hips, creating rich folds in the fabric. And, this dress has pockets, which is always a bonus.
    The waist is elastic and the back of the tea-length skirt has a classy little split. The short sleeves are cuffed and the bodice has a hidden placket and a slight bat wing cut going on. The dress has a great flow to it, and I'm happy I found it. What a fabulous edition!






No comments:

Post a Comment