Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 56 of 57: Ring my bell

    On day 56 of 57 Days of Dresses Jason and I had a lazy day of rock 'n' rollin' at home. Jason and I had an awesome time jamming on some improv rock 'n' roll riffs. I was feeling like a pussycat and totally missing the stage. I can't wait to start playing shows again. I got a new mirror pickguard for my bass, and it shines the light of rock 'n' roll right in your face. Mirror, mirror, on my bass, who's got the prettiest face? Just teasing!
You can see my reflection!
   After an afternoon of music, we went for a drive in the country and found this quaint ole' bell house with lush, green ivy vines climbing its stone face.
      This is by far one of the most amazing vintage dresses I have in my wardrobe, and I got this at Diamond Star Halo Vintage, located inside of Fanny's House of Music in Nashville, Tenn. This midi-length, spaghetti-strap party dress is rather striking with its alternating red and white chevron striped bodice and red polka-dot skirt. The the dropped V-shaped waistline is form-fitting to the hips and the skirt, which has an attached crinoline petticoat, flares out nicely.The decollete bodice zips in the back, and has a sweetheart neckline.
     I have this dress paired with a rhinestone collar to showcase my decolletage, a hair bow, vintage white earrings, my trusty chucks and red socks with white polka-dots. To offer a splash of contrast, I'm also wearing my solid blue hoops in my upper ears and solid blue sunglasses.



No comments:

Post a Comment