Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 7 of 57: The New Wave Nights

    So, on day 7 of 57 Days of Dresses Jason and I went to the Psychedelic Furs show at the Cannery. The Furs played there Talk Talk Talk album, and then a second set of non-stop hits! It was new wave heaven, and I thought it'd be only fitting to pull out my best new wave dress in the closet.
    This awesome dress is a vintage 1980's wiggle mini-dress I got at this Memphis boutique (the name of the place eludes me). It has bat sleeves (which isn't shown off very well in any of the photos, bummer), a hips-to-collar front zipper, 2 breast pockets, side pockets, and a matching belt! The top of the dress is loose and bouncy, while the skirt is form-fitting.
    The Furs put on an awesome show, and Richard Butler is a dashingly handsome older man! I'm talking pretty Englishman in the echelons of David Bowie or Simon Le Bon. I'm happy we went, and I can't wait for Duran Duran to make their way to Nashville. Hopefully soon.


waiting in line for the show to start


 


No comments:

Post a Comment