Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 31 of 57: What a dress!

    So on day 31 of 57 Days of Dresses I made vegetarian gumbo with my best girl, and fellow non-meat eater, Erin. It was 5 long hours of chopping vegetables, blanching tomatoes, washing dishes and building up a delicious summer stew! All the while I was doing it in style, wearing my awesome dress! Kudos to my best girl Erin for taking these picture for me after a hard, long evening in the kitchen. Tomorrow we're going to can the gumbo as well!
    This is a dress I got from Free People, and it is a sleeveless dress with the best pattern on it. It has a beautiful pattern, with contrasting floral design, pinstripes and pinhead polka dots. The scalloped boarders and the horizontal lines are really an aesthetic pleasure for the eyes. It has a U-neck, and the lace-up detail in the front is cute too. This dress also has pockets - 10 points! The skirt is cut like a shirttail, and the wide elastic waist (I like to set it off with a solid black waist belt) allows for the bodice to cascade over, creating a slouchy, unkempt look. I'm really happy I got this dress.





No comments:

Post a Comment