Saturday, August 27, 2011

day 42 of 57: Boop-Oop-A-Doop

    So on day 42 of 57 days of dresses I'm tired, again, after a long day of doing! I was going to the supermarket with mom, and when we pulled up there was a very friendly but lost and dirty Shih Tzu hanging out at the entrance. I couldn't help but to help the pooch out and take him by the Humane Society in hopes that his owners were looking for him (he was wearing a collar, but it had no tag). Alas, the pound was closed for the day, so he ended up spending the night with me at my apartment. After a major bath and a botched hair cut he was ready for a night of pampered care and loving attention - he couldn't sleep in the bed though!
    After taking care of the pooch, I smelled like a wet dog, too. But, I was still in style with my black and white polka-dot halter dress. I bought this dress at a rock 'n' roll shop while I was living in Phoenix, Ariz. It's a total Betty dress, and I love it! It has an empire waist and a V-neck. The halter bodice ties back with four spaghetti straps. The back has a pleasing midway scoop, and the skirt hits just above the knee. This dress just screams summer, and that's why it's lasted in my wardrobe for 5 years.


My little buddy's ready for an over-night stay



My rescued pup's make-shift bed of sheets

1 comment:

  1. Aww you rescued a puppy from an animal shelter?Awesome.How can people abuse their pets?I used to watch the animal rescue show TV but it made so so angry the way some folks treat animals.I felt happy when the animals recover ,find happy homes and the abusive owners get what they deserve.JAIL!

    ReplyDelete