Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 37 of 57: Workin' 9 to 5

    I'm back from my trip to Asheville, and it was amazing! On day 37 of 57 Days of Dresses Jason and I found some interesting corners of downtown Asheville, so why not take some photos?
    This is a vintage '80s dress Jason got me at Fanny's House Of Music/ Diamond Star Halo vintage boutique. It is the strangest styled dress I own. It's so uniquely 1980s that I find it amazing that it has withstood the decades. It reminds me of a secretary dress you might see in "Nine to Five." It's a tea-length long sleeve dress. the dress has a banded dropped waist that drawstrings at the natural waistline. Another interesting concept on this dress is the asymmetric button placket on the bodice. It has a jewel neckline and the small asymmetric collar extends into a neck sash. The skirt has stiff pleats. The material is soft, and I suspect it is silk or a polyester/ rayon blend, and it has a paint swatch pattern on it. What a rare find, and what and awesome dress!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment