Tuesday, August 23, 2011

day 38 of 57: Late night flat

   So on day 38 of 57 Days of Dresses, Jason and I were gallivanting the streets of downtown Asheville, and came across this perfect pile of tires by the side of an auto repair shop. Looks like a great place for a photo shoot.
    This is a vintage 1980s shirt dress I got at Thriftsmart for $5 - what a find! It's in pristine condition, and still has its matching belt, which you can see in the photos. The tea-length skirt is ruffled and has pockets, and the 3/4 bat sleeves have a buttoned cuff, which I have turned up. The front buttons form a V-neck and button from top to bottom - I like to leave a few bottom buttons open to create a pee-a-boo front slit. The bodice has 2 breast pockets, the shoulders have light padding for structure and the collar can be folded down to make a small lapel, like I've done in the photos. The fabric sports a very '80s floral/ graffiti print. I really dig this dress!






No comments:

Post a Comment