Sunday, August 7, 2011

day 29 of 57: Native charm

    Today is day 29 of 57 Days of Dresses, and I am past the halfway mark of my dress celebration! It's been a long time coming, and I still have a long way to go. By the time classes start this fall I'll be more than happy to wear my most comfortable pair of pants. Who knows, maybe I'll even start wearing jumpers and rompers, just because I'm so in lust for pants.
    Anyways, On the other side of my apartment building's parking lot there's a gnarly growth of wild sour grapes, wild passion fruit (the inedible variety, unfortunately) and orange trumpet flowers. What a convenient place for some photos?
    This darling dress is a vintage piece I got at Karma Rags in Huntsville, AL. It's a circle dress with a fabulous Native American/ Southwestern-inspired pattern. The dress has bell sleeves with lace trim, a seamed waistline and a back zipper. The U-neck is adorned with pleated ruffles that go around the entire neck. The the circle skirt has a wide hem and a ruffly exposed seam that goes around it. This is a wonderful and comfortable dress that feels great to wear.







No comments:

Post a Comment