Wednesday, August 24, 2011

day 39 of 57: Turnip power (kitchen warrior two)

    On day 39 of 57 Days of Dresses, I am the warrior - the kitchen warrior, that is - again, preparing dinner for me and my mom's hungry tummies! Tonight was jerk tofu with peppers on top of amaranth. We ate and drank a fabulously sweet concord grape wine while watching "The Joneses." I was going to dance it up at the weekly '50s dance party at the 5 Spot, but by the time I was done cooking and eating, the idea of leaving the comfort of my humble abode was just not happening anymore!
    My lovely mother took these pictures for me, and I really appreciate it! I love you, mom <3
    This is a super cute bodycon mini Jason got for me at Hip Replacements boutique in Asheville, NC. It's hand-made of organic cotton, and it has a turnip silk-screened on it. I don't have many green dresses, so I'm happy to add this friendly veggie dress to my collections. It's a tunic style bodycon, and it fits like a glove. The skirt is not hemmed, and the exposed side seams make the dress look outlined. The V-neck and V-back is also not unhemmed, as well as the sleeveless armholes. What a nice little dress.

Notice my mom's finger blurred in the left corner :o)







1 comment:

  1. yes, ma'am!! i wish we had the chance to hang out more before you left!!! but i love seeing your immaculate fashion sense on your blog here!!!

    ReplyDelete